The primary objective of the work package is to empirically document and analyze the ethical consequences of changes in the Common Foreign and Security Policy as a result of the progressive blurring of the internal/external borders whose integrity it is conceived to safeguard. This objective comprises the following sub-objectives:
- A catalogue value assumptions implicit in CFSP/EDSP internal security activities
- A comparison of CFSP/EDSP and domestic national police presumptions of cultural, social and human rights in pursuit of violent radicalisation
- An analysis of human value assumptions in the Frontex charter and activities.
- Analysis of shared institutional values between member state police authorities and Frontex
- A documentation and analysis of principles for applying EU-wide counter terrorism instruments
- An analysis of cross-cultural assumptions of military and civilian crisis management