Centre for Security Studies, Collegium Civitas
Senior Lecturer in European Security, The University of Birmingham, UK
Research Fellow, IFRI, Paris
- European Neighbourhood Policy (Eastern and Southern Dimensions)
- EU Enlargement
- Moldova and Euro-Atlantic Integration
- Morocco and the EU
- Polish Foreign and Security Policy
Books and reports
(2007) (with Marcin Zaborowski) A New Atlanticist: Poland's Foreign and Security Policy Priorities (Blackwell/Chatham House: Oxford).
(2005) (edited with Marcin Zaborowski), Old Europe, New Europe and the Transatlantic Security Agenda (Routledge: London, New York ). Reprinted in 2008 as a paperback.
(2004) Germany and the Use of Force: The Evolution of German Security Policy 1989-2003 (Manchester University Press: Manchester).
(2008) ‘Legislatives en Pologne, quel changements ?’ Politique Etrangere, No.1, 2008
(2008) ‘Poland in the European Union: Empowering or Inhibiting the EU as a Security Policy Actor?’ in Johan Lembke and Sven Biscop (eds.) Enlarged and Empowered? EU Enlargement in a Re-Balanced Transatlantic Partnership (Lynne Rienner).
(2007) ‘Trouble in the Neighbourhood’, Internationale Politik, No.8, 2007
- 2000: PhD on German Strategic Culture awarded in 2000 by The University of Birmingham, UK.
- 1994: MSc Strategic Studies, The University of Wales, Aberystwyth, UK.
- 1993: BA (Hons) European Studies, First Class, Thames Valley University, UK.
My two-year project on the European Neighbourhood Policy is funded by an EU Fellowship. I am based in IFRI’s Security Studies Centre.
- Current Position: Research Fellow, IFRI, Paris.
(I am on research leave from this post until 2010)
- Senior Lecturer in European Security, The University of Birmingham, UK