Institute for European Studies (Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
Senior Research Fellow
• The ethical implications of security and insecurity
• The EU's contribution to security sector reform in Afghanistan
• Transatlantic cooperation in post-conflict reconstruction
• The development of European crisis management policies as well as their implementation in the field
• The EU's relationship with the emerging powers
The Europeanization of National Foreign Policy. Continuity and Change in European Crisis Management. Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
Security Sector Reform in Afghanistan: the EU's contribution. Occasional Paper 78. Paris, EU Institute for Security Studies, April 2009.
EU and the Comprehensive Approach. DIIS Report 2008:13. Copenhagen, Danish Institute for International Studies, 2008.
Germany and European Security and Defense Cooperation: the Europeanization of national crisis management policies? Security Dialogue 38 (4) 2007: 501-520.
MA, University of Southern California
German, English, basic French
Visiting Fellow EU Institute for Security Studies (2008), CEPS (2006), CERI Science Po (2005)
Fellow, European Foreign and Security Policy Studies Programme (2005/06)